Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Like Mother, Like Daughter

The one thing that amazes me every time is how much my daughter is like me. She'll say things that I'd say and we sometimes finish each others sentences. She's 7 years old. What's it going to be like when she's 14? Only time will tell.

When she was six I taught her how to knit because she wanted to be like me. Now, she didn't obsess about it in the beginning, but as time went on things progressed. She saw me knitting on the couch and she'd gather her stuff and join me. Usually only handling a row or two. It's progress. I tell her that a row a day will get her a scarf sooner then not knitting at all.

This is the scarf she started about a year ago:

PinkDaddyScarf020712

I think it's fabulous! Of course she's on the fence because it's not perfect. ~wonder where she got that from. **cough**

For Christmas I bought her a Monster High knitting bag from Knittings My Bag... Love her stuff. I totally missed out on the St. Pat's update and thinking of ordering a custom bag;)

MonsterHighScarf020712

Anyway, I put two skeins of Lion Brand Hometown in black and pink along with some needles in the bag as a gift. She loved it. Has been working on it slowly. She would have gotten more completed but if it doesn't look right then she wants to fix it. So proud.

Since then she's requested her own 'blog' (as she calls it) on Ravelry. I set up the account and helped her log her projects. It's really kind of amazing to watch her become involved with the knitting community. Watch out knitting world, Miss Mac is here.

No comments: